Thursday, September 9, 2010

Delicious Little Ellie

So fun this little girl is. Her little attitude and antics keep us on our toes and keep us laughing. Here are a few examples of what I mean:

We were on our way to Brian's soccer game in Provo (an hour + drive). Once Ellie was buckled in I figured we were in for a looong drive with a fussy toddler. As she started to complain I handed her a pen and figured I would deal with the consequences later. Naive I know, but she was so quiet the whole trip. I figured she had fallen asleep and I didn't want to lean back to check . . . in case it woke her. When we got to the field we discovered our little miss, bright-eyed and oh so proud of herself.I love it! She got the whole ball. I can just imagine her little tongue sticking out in concentration as she worked on her masterpiece.
A little while ago we went to temple square/downtown to kill some time one evening. Disneyland couldn't have entertained her more. She started talking a mile a minute, mostly about everything she could see. She walked around with her chin held high looking up at the buildings and of course the temple. We tried our best to steer her little head away from walls, poles, and people. It was fun to watch this girl discover. Of the many things she discussed here are a few I caught (and understood).
  • "Nie! so high on top" (Nie = Moroni)
  • "Stinky horses. Need wipes."
  • "Desus. Owie hands. Need bandaid, make it all betta."
  • "Dolef Smilif."
I love this picture. She may look terrified (and who could blame her, that mask looks possesed!). Really she was just commenting to me and this is what the camera caught. She is at such a fun age to pull out stickers and crayons and watch what she creates. She loves it and gets completely engrossed in her work. The masks were fun, but she had no interest in wearing hers. (thanks Ms. Apple for the idea:)

No comments: