Saturday, December 27, 2008

Bitter Sweet

I have officially given my notice at work, a very bitter-sweet experience. There are so many things that I am going to miss. It is very hard to quit a job I actually love.

I am going to miss my team. It is a small (less than 20 of us) and diverse group. I would have never imagined I would be working in Boise Idaho with co-workers from China, India, Nepal, Holland, Russia and all over the US. They are all so great and smart. I have learned so much from them.

When asked "What do you do?" I am going to miss being able to respond by saying "I am a molecular biologist." Completely vain I know -- but I will miss it.


All that being said, despite the struggle to make a final decision, I feel a great weight has been lifted from my heart. Being just weeks from meeting my little girl knowing that I don't have leave her and I can be 100% mom is such a sweet and calming thought.

(These pictures are from our Christmas party and the baby shower they threw for me and yes that is a carebear they are diapering)

6 comments:

RaeLynn said...

I'm glad they threw you a shower. They sound like a great bunch of people...and it really is harder to quit a job that you actually love :)

Heidi said...

Em, I can't wait to meet your little one. I'm glad you loved your job so much, I think that is such a blessing. Will you teach me how to make my blog cute like yours when I come?

jolley time said...

Oh Emily I am so happy to see your blog I have wondered how you have been so many times. You look amazing What a cute pregnant lady you are. I have so many questions for you I had no Idea you where in Idaho. please keep in touch

Unknown said...

you are so cute!!! I am so glad you found me. I will add you to my blog. GOOD LUCK and congrats on your upcoming baby!
-Christine Matheny Hull

Greg and/or Angie said...

Congratulations on the baby, you guys! Glad she is doing relatively well. Can't wait to see pictures.

adrienne said...

I hated my job before I had Max so I was so excited to be able to quit! You're going to be such a great mom. It is so much more rewarding (and difficult!) than you can even imagine! Oh, and I'm so excited to see that you've finally got your blog started!!