Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Summer Baby

I am not going to even try to recount the milestones that Ellie has blown through these last few months. She has gone from baby to a coordinated verbose little girl (although I still call her my baby). No one could have ever explained the pure joy that an 18 month old during summer is. The minute our bikes or stroller are pulled out she jumps up and down clapping her hands saying "so fun so fun."She eats fruit by the fist full and doesn't flinch to stick a rock or weed or anything that looks squishy into her mouth. Despite this very broad diet she remains our little twiggy. She did however, for the first time ever, make it onto the growth curve at her 18 month check up. Yup, this chunky monkey officially made it to the 2 percentile. Wootwoo . . . we still have to keep her car seat in backwards.We are so in love with this little girl. I love how she tells me stories, using every word she can think of and it makes complete sense to me. I love her kisses. I love how she says "oopsie" and "oh my." I love that she twirls and jumps and runs when she is happy and cuddles when she is sad. I love that she gets a hold of my phone and, verbatim, repeats my end of most of my conversations, even though I'm pretty sure she has no idea what she is saying. At night Brian and I recount all the funny or cute things she has said or done that day and fall more in love with her.

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Ellie is so cute and getting so big! It really is such a fun age - I love it!

Maren said...

She is so sweet.