Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Where to start? Our little peanut is 3 months old.
What a cutie. She smiles, talks, and even sings on occasion . . . unless I pull out the camera and then she becomes very serious.
It has been fun to watch her become more aware. On our daily walks (weather permitting) it is exciting to watch her bright eyes try and take the big world in. She blinks at the clouds searches the trees to find those singing birds -- this lasts for about 5 minutes, by then she is so exhausted she falls asleep to enjoys the rest of the walk curled up in the sleepywrap.


She joined us last weekend at the dinner table. She can barely see above the table, but it is just the right height to give her a good view of Annie - or to give Annie a good view of Ellie. They are still not to sure what to think of each other


Sleep is still our biggest struggle. I know I should be grateful for the 4 hours she gives me at night, but last week she gave me one 7 hour sleep, it was amazing! However, it was only one night. Napping only happens if she is in my arms or in the sleepy wrap. I'm sure I am mostly to blame for this. Any advice? I figure she is getting old enough to start trying for some sort of schedule. We'll see.

We had Ellie's picture taken. I'll post one later, but until then you can check out a few of the pics at photographybyamylynn.blogspot.com

6 comments:

Crystal said...

Sounds like fun, and it just gets funner. Everyone tells me I am too blame for my daughters horrible sleep habits, but I disagree. I think some come just less sleepy than others. Good luck getting more sleep.

Deanna said...

Chloe ate every two hours around the clock for the first 2 1/2 months of her life (that was rough). She isn't a fabulous napper, either, but at her 4 month checkup her weight was fine and the doctor said that she doesn't need to be eating in the middle of the night anymore and is just eating out of habit. So he said to just turn off the monitor when she woke up and turn it back on the next time we woke up. it took about a week and she has slept through the night like a champ ever since!

Emily said...

Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child by Marc Weissbluth. Reading this book made a world of difference in helping Tanya establish good sleeping habits. It takes you through sleep habits for all stages of babies and helps you know what is normal, and how to train them to sleep good. I haven't talked to anyone who has read this book who doesn't swear by it. Hang in there, sleep will come!

Emily said...

by the way, LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture of you and Ellie together!

Sarah Palfreyman said...

I already mentioned HSH (same as Emily Pressley). The pictures look great!

Chelsea said...

Cute pictures!! There are so many different theories about baby sleep habits. It is sometimes helpful to read books to get ideas. But at the end of the day you have to find out what works for you and Ellie because it isn't the same for every parent or every baby. Good luck!