Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Aunt Lolly

The New Era recently did an article about a service project done for Brian's little sister, Laura. It is a sweet story. We were unable to make it to the Young Women in Excellence where her medallion was awarded, but from what we hear it was a very emotional and spiritual night. Laura smiled and laughed so much she was just exhausted at the end.

When Brian and I were dating, his family got in a horrible car accident that left Laura physically very limited. When I first met Laura, she was a bubbly 10 year old with a shy smile. She still has that same smile. I am so grateful to be apart of her family. She brightens up the room and I love the way she interacts with Ellie. She is so patient with her circumstances and is an inspiration to many. Love ya Lolly!

5 comments:

Deanna said...

I remember that accident. That is so touching.

Doug said...

Emily - Looks great - thanks from the dad.

Heidi said...

Such a sweet article, it brings me to tears. What a wonderful group of girls!!

Janell said...

What a beautiful article written about Laura, I am sure she in angel on earth to all she meets!

Emily said...

After reading this post I got my hands on a New Era and read it. it is a very inspirational article. I'm going to share it with my Young Women. Hope all is well for you!